The Model Driven Software Network

Raise your level of abstraction

Hi!

This year I will study MDD/MAD at the University. Right now I don't know too much about Model-Driven Development, and I wonder some questions:

Can I use MDD to create computer games? Do you know any example?

And another topic. Can be MDD applied to develop small programs or just enterprise software?

Thanks a lot for help.

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ricardo,
There is a probable case at the Experimental Gameplay Project at Carnegie Mellon's Entertainment Technology Center.
I only know what Gamasutra published October 26, 2005. You can see the Gamasutra articlehere.
Interesting question. I haven't seen any examples yet, but given that frameworks for game development exist (and some games come with complete SDKs), I think it's certainly possible.
I'm talking to the owner of a 'serious games' company (they develop educational games for schools) later this week or next, about how they develop games and hopefully about applying MDD there as well.
Hi Ricardo.

>Can I use MDD to create computer games? Do you know any example?
Yes, for sure.

More samples:
- Andre Furtado work's: page, paper, SharpLudus, SharpLudus video

- Jeroen Dobbe Master Thesis

- I remember that Vander Alves uses also the approach to model the variability of mobile devices to compile java games to different platforms.

>Can be MDD applied to develop small programs or just enterprise software?
For sure, Ricardo.

Take a look to some case studies: CG2007, CG2008, CG2009.

Regards,

Pedro J. Molina
@Valencia/Spain also ;)
Sorry: two links broken.
The corrected ones:

- CG2007 slides
- Vander Alves presentation's about Mobiles Games and SW Product Lines
Pedro, are you teacher at UPV?
Hi again Ricardo.
No, I'm not.

I was a student in the UPV (Technical University of Valencia), researcher and also develop my PhD there in the field of modeling, code generation and user interfaces.

But for the last 11 years I have been working in the industry side applying MDD.
Hi Pedro, I will send you I private message to talk in Spanish.
Bye bye.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Mark Dalgarno.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service