Raise your level of abstraction
Time: July 2, 2012 to July 5, 2012
Location: Technical University of Denmark - colocated with ECMFA
City/Town: Copenhagen, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
Website or Map: http://cloudmde.como.polimi.i…
Event Type: workshop
Organized By: Richard Paige, University of York. Jordi Cabot, École des Mines de Nantes, France. Marco Brambilla, Politecnico di Milano. Marsha Chechik, University of Toronto. Parastoo Mohagheghi, SINTEF.
Latest Activity: Feb 17, 2012
The complete CfP
can be found online at:
Cloud computing is enormously promising in terms of providing scalable and elastic infrastructure for applications; MDE is enormously promising in terms of automating tedious or error prone parts of systems engineering. There is potential in identifying
synergies between MDE and cloud computing; this is the focus of the workshop.
We aim to bring together researchers and practitioners working in MDE or cloud computing,
who are interested in identifying, developing or building on existing synergies. We
aim to identify opportunities for using MDE to support the development of cloud-based
applications (MDE for the cloud), as well as opportunities for using cloud infrastructure
to enable MDE in new and novel ways (MDE in the cloud).
- Metamodels and novel domain-specific languages to support development of cloud-based applications.
- Modelling and metamodelling of cloud platforms.
- Model transformation for cloud-based applications.
- Model-to-text transformations for specific cloud platforms.
- Experience reports of deploying MDE tools and technologies on the cloud.
- Novel applications of MDE enabled by use of cloud platforms.
- Approaches to enabling “modelling as a service”.
- Semantic annotation techniques and descriptions of modelling services.
- Approaches for modelling service matching.
- Scalability issues for MDE in the cloud.
- Methods and experience reports focusing on model-based interoperability between cloud platforms/vendors.
- Cloud-specific development scenarios enabled by or enriched by use of MDE.
- Specific non-functional cloud concerns (e.g., security, information governance) that
may be addressed by MDE principles or practices.
- Case studies and experience reports.
- Position statements setting a research agenda for MDE in/for the cloud.
Full paper submission April 16, 2012
Notification of acceptance May 14, 2012
Camera ready version June 11, 2012
Workshops July 2-3, 2012
Richard Paige, University of York, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordi Cabot, AtlanMod, École des Mines de Nantes, France. email@example.com
Marco Brambilla, Politecnico di Milano, Italy. firstname.lastname@example.org
Marsha Chechik, University of Toronto, Canada. email@example.com
Parastoo Mohagheghi, SINTEF, Norway. Parastoo.Mohagheghi@sintef.no
Danilo Ardagna, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Aldo Bongio, webratio.com, Italy
Marco Brambilla, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Jordi Cabot, Ecole des Mines de Nantes, France
Radu Calinescu, University of Oxford, UK
Marsha Chechik, University of Toronto, Canada
Marcos Didonet Del Fabro, Universitade Federal du Paranà, Brazil
Federico Facca, create-net.org
Xavier Franch, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
Esther Guerra, Escuela Politecnica Superior, Madrid, Spain
Parastoo Mohagheghi, SINTEF, Norway
Sebastian Mosser, SINTEF, Norway
Richard Paige, University of York, UK
Alek Radjenovic, University of York
Louis Rose, University of York, UK
Manuel Wimmer, Technical University of Vienna, Austria
Add a Comment